Sport Auto magazine, which is already familiar to us, conducted performance tests of Lotus Exige S. They included acceleration and braking dynamics tests and overall lap performance. In particular, Sport Auto measured Nordschleife and Hockenheimring Short lap time of Lotus. One must admit that the results demonstrated by this car were really not bad — 7 minutes 53 seconds. Moreover, the magazine published a video taken on the famous lap. One should also mention its straight line acceleration — it was rather impressive taking into account the modification of the car which was adjusted with lap performance preferences. All in all, the journalists were pleased with the car, giving it a high overall rating.
Lotus Exige S
- Tyres: Pirelli P Zero Trofeo (semi-slicks)
- Measured power, torque: 327,4 hp, 395,2 Nm
- Downforce at 200 kph: 21 kg/31 kg (front/rear axle)
- Weight: 1162 kg
- Acceleration with Launch Control (from 3500 rpm)
- 0–100 kph: 4,1 s
- 0–200 kph: 14,2 s
- 0–250 kph: 29,7 s
- GPS-Vmax.: 279 km/h
- Flexibilty in 5th gear (80–120 kph): 5,7 s
- Braking 200–0 kph, warm: 124,9 m (-1,26 g)
- Nordschleife: 7:53 min.
- Hockenheimring Short: 1:11.3 min.
Nordschleife best lap (video)